This No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie comes together effortlessly with mousse-like peanut butter filling, honey and salt-seasoned whipped cream, and a shower of chocolate shavings. It is a true crowd pleaser without ever having to turn on the oven.
No-bake desserts are perfect for summer and when you don't want to turn the oven on. Since they are so easy, they can easily be enjoyed all year long!
Why This No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is Irresistible
The pie starts with a basic, 2-ingredient base. Crushed chocolate wafer cookies and melted but come together easily in this press-in crust.
Cream cheese, peanut butter, and whipped cream make up the silky and seductive filling. It is so velvety while still surprisingly light.
Whipping the cream to just soft peaks creates cloud-like pillows that pile sky-high on top of the pie. The pie is finished with a generous shower of dark chocolate shavings.
How to Add Salt to Dessert
As revealed in the Orange Salted Honey Cake in my book Icing on the Cake, salt and honey make an excellent pair. Honey roasted peanuts are always a treat, so combing the duo with peanut butter is such a natural progression.
Salt in desserts is not a new discovery, but seasoning your treat recipes helps balance out the sweetness. As with savoury recipes, salt give dimension and boosts other flavors within a recipe. This Salted Honey No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie benefits from this practice.
Table salt is very salty. Try using kosher salt within a recipe and sprinkling flaked sea salt on top of a finished dessert. If using table salt, use half the amount.
How to Make Honey Whipped Cream
For the whipped cream, honey replaces sugar as the standard sweetener. The pie is pretty sweet and decadent all-around, so the salt is a welcoming addition.
I recommend adjusting the salt in the cream according to taste. You want to be able to taste the salt a bit, so don't be afraid to add a little extra since it will be balanced out by all of the other flavors once the whole pie comes together.
Ingredients at a Glance
Here are the ingredients you will need beyond basic pantry staples:
Chocolate Wafer Cookies: These plain biscuits are perfect for press-in crusts. If you can't find them, you can use Oreo cookies. The crust will be slightly sweeter.
Creamy Peanut Butter: Pick a not-natural variety - preferably no-stir, like Skippy or Jif.
Cream Cheese: Select a full-fat variety
Heavy Cream: Use a cream that is between 33 and 36% milk fat. Keep it as cold as possible before whipping.
Salted Honey No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
For the Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
For the Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy cream divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teas vanilla extract
For the Salted Honey Whipped Cream
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoon honey
- ½ teas kosher salt or to taste
To Make the Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Place the cookie crumbs and butter in a mixing bowl. Toss to combine and until the cookies are evenly moistened. Tip the mixture into a 9-inch pie tin (or tart pan, with a removable bottom) and press evenly into the sides and bottom of the pan. Use the bottom of a drinking glass or flat measuring cup to make sure the bottom is flat and the sides/corners are packed in tight. Place in the refriderator.
To Make the Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a bowl with a hand mixer), mix together the cream cheese and peanut butter on medium speed until smooth. Add in 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the heavy cream on medium-high speed until medium peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until combined.
- Spoon the peanut butter pie filling into the chocolate cookie crust. Spread the top of the filling with the back of a spoon or offset spatula until smooth. Place the pie in the refrigerator as you prepare the whipped cream.
To Make the Salted Honey Whipped Cream
- In a clean bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or in a bowl with a hand mixer), place the cream, honey, and salt. Whip on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Adjust the salt according to taste and mix to combine.
- Spoon the whipped cream of top of the peanut butter filling. Chill the pie in the refrigerator for a couple hours before slicing.
- Serve with a generous shower of chocolate shavings.